“The first step” is a one-day intro in Dolina Lejowa (Witów near Zakopane), where you will learn the basics of sport climbing and overcome the first climbing routes in the rocks! Everything with an experienced climbing instructor and using the latest equipment from Black Dimond.
The knowledge you use will be used on a climbing wall, while for people who want to climb the rocks on their own, we recommend a two-day course on 1 and 2 level insured roads.
About this place
The Lejowa Valley is practically the only rock available for sport climbing around Zakopane, which is suitable for taking the first steps. In total, it has 11 roads, of which half will be used during classes. The stream flows right next to the rock, which makes climbing more enjoyable.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES
- 7 hours of climbing classes led by a licensed climbing instructor, TOPR rescuer
- Accident Insurance
- 15% discount to the Polar Sport store and dedicated equipment advisor for school students
- Certificate of completion of the course
- for people who didn’t try climbing or only climbed a few times on the wall
- for people of all ages- condition and strength of the hands will not be the most important
- the place where we do the training has a lot of roads with varying degrees of difficulty, that’s why we can adjust the exercises to the capabilities of each participant
- 10:00 – meeting in front of the Zajazd Józef (address: Witów 322, we leave the car there)
- 10:00-11:00 – walk to the rocks, equipment matching, instructor – OHS in climbing at the upper belaying “na wędkę”
- 11:00-17:00 presentation of the technical basics of rock climbing, climbing on roads of varying difficulty (depending on the skills of each person) and individual work with students.
This is not a climbing training in the Tatra Mountains, but to safely reach the summit, the instructor will teach you the following elements:
- Putting on the harness
- Tying the rope to the harness
- Basic rules of belaying in the Tatras
- Basics of abseiling
- Basics of movement techniques in high mountain terrain
Transport: For people who will come to Zakopane by bus or train, we offer transport to the meeting point. Pickup from the station at 9:20.
Equipment needed – comfortable sports clothing adapted to the weather conditions, a rain jacket, sunglasses, cream with a UV filter, at least 1 liters of drinks.
In case of bad weather – if the rain thwarts our plans, we will move the classes to the climbing wall.
Overnight – you cannot camp on site, but around Kiry (near the entrance to the Kościeliska Valley, there are many guest houses).
You can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 20 days before the start of the course. You will pay 50% for the course between 20 and 5 days. In less than 5 days you will pay 100% for the course.
- When: Year-round offer
- Price 300.00-900.00