About this place
Mnich (2068 m.a.s.l.) is a simple climbing and extremely spectacular peak next to Morskie Oko in the Tatra Mountains – it is a great opportunity to start climbing adventure with a rope. The easiest and also the most popular way to climb Mnich with a 2nd class licensed Tatra guide is “Droga przez płytę” leading through the north face using the latest Black Dimond equipment.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES
- 10 hours trip with elements of Tatra training by a licensed Tatra guide authorized to conduct trips outside designated routes and a TOPR rescuer
- Rental of the latest Black Diamond equipment
- Accident Insurance
- Ticket to the Tatra National Park
- 15% discount to the Polar Sport store and dedicated equipment advisor for school students
- Certificate of completion of the course
We dedicate a one-day guide trip to Mnich for:
For an experience tourist or beginner climber. The option chosen by us leads through “Droga przez Płytę” with a valuation II (UIAA scale). Technically, it is not a problem for athletic people, although the exhibition in the upper part of the Monk provides an unforgettable experience. There are 7 km from the shelter, 100 meters of climbing and 765 meters of vertical distance.
- 7:00 – meeting before the barrier in Palenica Białczańska or 30 minutes earlier in Zakopane. Most often, the guide has the option of entering the car to Włosienica (only 1.5 km from the shelter)
- 9:00 – resting in a shelter, discussing the trip plan
- 9:20 – 11:00 – hike to Plecy Mnichowe and Wyżnia Mnichowa Pass
- 11:00 – 13:00 – harness clothing and entrance to Górne Półki, followed by the peak. A guide leads 100 meters of climbing, securing customers. The upper part of the entrance due to the exposure is the essence of the entrance to the Monk.
- 13:00 – 14:00 – abseiling
- 14:00 – 17:00 – return to the starting place
This is not a climbing training in the Tatra Mountains, but to safely reach the summit, the instructor will teach you the following elements:
- Putting on the harness
- Tying the rope to the harness
- Basic rules of belaying in the Tatras
- Basics of abseiling
- Basics of movement techniques in high mountain terrain
Transport: You can get to Palenica Bialczanska by taxi or bus, which runs from the roundabout of John Paul II in Zakopane in every 10 minutes..
A Guide can go with a group of 2 customer. If the week before the date of the expedition there is not enough people, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the expedition and return 100% of the advance payment
Equipment needed – comfortable sports clothing adapted to the weather conditions, a rain jacket, sunglasses, cream with a UV filter, at least 2 liters of drinks. We provide the remaining equipment!
If you want to go to another Tatra peak – write to us!
Accommodation: Not included in the package.
- DW Kościelec / http://www.koscieleczakopane.pl/ / Price: PLN 80-120 with breakfast. Higher standard, good breakfast.
- Willa Skała / http://www.willaskala.pl/ / Price: 70-80 PLN / person with breakfast. Lower standard, good breakfast.
You can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 20 days before the start of the course. You will pay 50% for the course between 20 and 5 days. In less than 5 days you will pay 100% for the course.
- When: Year-round offer
- Price 590.00